Friday, October 06, 2006

Took forever to get internet!!!

*** This is just a goofy pic of me taken with Miriam the day before departure, Miriam I miss you, you crazy chick!! :-)
-------------------------------------------
Hey Boys and Girls, I am so sorry for taking forever to finally put a post up, but it took forever to get a reliable internet service in my dorm.
That being said, I'm in Japan!, I arrived September 2nd after a long and incredibly tiring flight of 17 some hours from NYC to a fun, quiet, and very kooky city in Japan called Nagoya. My first days were pretty nerve-recking. Here I was literally thrown into this new country not really knowing anyone yet, and to top it off, because I had arrived so early, most of my other dorm mates were not even here yet!he Manga freaks and the social rejects) its a pretty wicked group of people. So far i've managed to see a great deal of the city all the while trying to practice my Japanese whenever I feel like it. Now keep that in mind, its not I force myself to speak Japanese, but of course if Im speaking to a Japanese person, or my friends are carrying a conversation in Japanese, I may feel obliged to speak the Language.
Japan is a beautiful country where Small is the new black, if you get my drift. Everything is miniaturized (however you spell that word) now sometimes its done out of Necessity, but alot of the time, I guess its just done out of the Japanese peoples mind-set on the limitations of available space. That goes for food (Japanese school girls eat Bento (lunch boxes) the size of cigarette packs) or living spaces. So far the country has been great to me, although I desperately miss certain things from America, like a good gourmet burger and a big Burrito,
The students on the program are pretty cool. On the 6th of September we had our orientation, now aside from your usual group of students who take Japanese (i.e. t truth be told most of the time I never really feel like I left the States to begin with. Now, that held true last weekend when I took my first trip of the country and went to Osaka for 3 days.
I'll write about that in the next post.
I plan on taking a ton of trips throughout the year. Right now I'm trying to put all the kinks in order for the 3 week trip Im taking in December to either Thailand or Hong Kong!, good times, good times.
I'll write about Osaka hopefully tomorrow. Till then, enjoy these pics so far from the land of the rising sun :-)
Amadude
***My new home through the windows the plane (long ass flight!!)

Home sweet home!, sorry for the crooked-ness

****Friends of the dorm
This crazy bastard goes by the name Mikael (He's swedish, but raised in England) ***So I joined the school's (Nanzan University) rugby team as well, I gotta start making more practices, such a lazy bastard.

No comments: