Friday, October 13, 2006

Over the river and through the woods, to Osaka we go!

Hey Kids, sorry for not posting for sometime (again) but I've been busy, and lazy.

So about 2 weeks ago I had the extreme fortune of going down to Osaka for 3 days. After spending a good month in Nagoya, i got tired of the same crazy partying scene in my hometown so decided to jet down Osaka by train. I tried to get people to go with me but everyone was basically either broke, or just being lazy, so I said screw it and hopped on a train one after to go down to the second largest city in Japan. Now heres some of the reasons why I loved Osaka, first of all, it wasn't until I was in Osaka that for some reason I finally felt like I was in Japan. You'll see why from the pics I'll show you below, but Osaka is a city to be experianced. First of all, people down there are pretty crazy, in a good way though. The way they act out in public, to smoking virtually anywhere they feel like, to even riding in the escalator (in most other japanese cities, everyone stands on the left of the rail while allowing for people wanting to walk up go on the right, its vice-versa in Osaka) is different down in the Big O. So with my trusty tour book in hand, and just my whits and an all subway pass, I tried to take in as much cultural and historical sights of Osaka as possible.
Here are some of the pics from the grand city, and believe me this is only the beginning, I plan on going down to that city at least everymonth until I leave Japan.
Enjoy!

No comments: